Author: Babies 411
Wanna save money? Making homemade baby wipes takes just a few minutes of work and save loads of money. Here's the money saving recipe:
Take 1 roll of premium paper towels and cut in half (width wise) using a sharp knife. Cheap, thin paper towels will rip easily. I recommend making your cloth wipes 1/2 a roll at a time, but if you have more than one child or feel like half a roll doesn't last as long as you would like, use both halves.
When making: (1) 1/2 roll
- 1 cup Water 1 Tablespoon baby wash, shampoo or soap shavings
- 1/2-1 Tablespoon baby oil or olive oil (preferably organic)**
- 2 cups Water 2 Tablespoon baby wash, shampoo or soap shavings
**Again, check the labels! My first choice is Earth Mama Angel Baby Baby Oil.
To make the wipes:
1. Mix all the liquid ingredients together.
2. Put paper towels in a large mixing bowl, and pour the mixed liquid over the top of the paper towels.
3. Let the mixture soak through for approximately 10 minutes.
4. Turn paper towels upside down and allow to sit for another 10 minutes.
5. Pull out the center cardboard core and the wipes will pop up through the middle of the roll.
6. Store your homemade wipes in a gallon-size plastic bag, plastic storage container with a lid, or re-use an old disposable wipes container.
Read More: Homemade Baby Wipes
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/babies-articles/making-homemade-baby-wipes-1416159.html
About the Author
Babies 411 is an on-line information and resource center for parents. This site has been developed by a neonatal intensive care nurse with the sole purpose of promoting the health, safety, and well-being of all babies.